SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Perfect Fall Fashion Finds for Kids: A Pike and Rose Experience #BlogPikeAndRose



Just as school was getting started, I had the opportunity to do a bit of shopping at local shopping district Pike & Rose in North Bethesda. It's probably one of my favorite local getaways. I say getaway because I dwell on the other side of The Capital Beltway in gorgeous Prince George's County, so, getting to Bethesda is a tiny drive for me....not so bad though and it's nice to change it up a bit. My first visit to Pike & Rose was this past spring when both Thing 1 and Thing 2 participated in a Minecraft Gamer Experience at iPic Theaters (which is amazing and if you live in the DC/MD/NOVA area you you must visit at least once).



The first time I visited Pike & Rose, and keep in mind, it was over a series of weeks, I really didn't experience the shops. I mainly dragged my kids (not) to their Minecraft tournies and then stopped by one of the eateries for a quick bite to eat before dashing home. So, this time around, I was glad to get a good look at the shops. I had no clue how fabulous they were. The shopping experience was awesome. The staff and customer service at each store I shopped in was pretty darn spectacular. There are just a handful of shops at Pike & Rose and the pace and flow of the area is very relaxing. There aren't too many people....I noticed it this time and the last visit with my kids. Not to say that it's not busy, it is, but it's a good busy.  Like I said an easy getaway and break from busier shopping districts in the area.


While shopping at Pike & Rose I visited three shops where I found very cute fall fashions for my kids. I fell in love with the cute styles, gifts and toys at Yogaso. The staff was so helpful and attentive and I could tell that the quality of the items available were top notch. I found the most adorable jelly purse clutch for my daughter. It comes scented and small charms can be purchased to add on that gives it a very custom look!  There are also book bag style versions of the jelly bags, as well, which are too adorable!






My next stop was at The Gap.  I had a plan to get a few uniform pieces for my kids.....but I honestly had a bit of sticker shock.  I haven't been to a Gap store in years so, I had to do some bargain hunting, but on the plus side, there were tons of sale items and clearance items....which was so AWESOME and let me say, the staff here was super amazing and helpful.  I found cute pair jeans for myself....and what a deal - they were $9.99....a milestone for me - I haven't been in a size 14 since college.....that low carb eating plan is REALLY working out for me! I also walked away with a few items for my kids and a simple tee for my dear hubby all for under $100....and even saved a bit with a 15% coupon!  Mama went home with a big bag of awesome deals!  SCORE!







 At the Nike Factory Store, I found the perfect pair of Nike Zoom Pegasus for my son.  I was on the hunt for a decent pair of sneakers for my son that he could wear to school and that would last.  He's a boy and goes through sneakers very quickly.  I love the Nike brand and I still have a pair that I bought in college, so I knew that these would hold up.  I was very excited to score these for just $64.99 - marked down from $89.99!





If you are ever in the North Bethesda area or visiting Washington, DC take a trip to Pike & Rose and be sure to visit Seasons Tap Room while you're there....this unique eatery has a host of the finest Olive Oils from all over the world....and again, a lovely staff to boot!



My shopping experience at Pike & Rose was pretty doggone stellar.  I loved the mix of small boutiques and Nationally recognized chain stores.  While the price points of most of the shops were normally more than I'd spend on my kids, the amount of deals available coupled with the full on shopping and eating experience is definitely worth it.  I've definitely included Pike & Rose in my favorite local shopping districts!


I received gift cards as part of my participation in the Pike & Rose shopping experience. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Join us for our first Blogger Open House at Pike & Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails